Swami Vivekananda was born to an aristocratic Hindu Family by the name of Narendranath Dutta at Kolkata, India on this day, that is 12th of January in the year 1863.
He acquired the name of Swami Vivekananda after becoming a monk.He is an inspirational figure worldwide for his life changing quotes and speeches and for raising interfaith awareness. He had introduced Vedanta and Yoga to the western world with an influential speech at the Parliament of the World’s Religions in Chicago in 1893.
He was the chief disciple of Ramkrishna Deva, from whom he learned that living beings are but the embodiment of the divine self, so service to God could only be rendered by service to mankind.
Today on his 155th Birth Anniversary,
I’d like to share some of the famous quotes by Swamiji that you must know about!
1) Talk to yourself at least once in a Day. Otherwise you may miss a meeting with an excellent person in this World.
2) Relationships are more important than life , but it is important for those relationships to have life in them.
3) We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live, they travel far.
4) All the powers in the universe are already ours. It is we who have put our hands before our eyes and cry that it is dark.
5) Do not wait for anybody or anything. Do whatever you can. Build your hope on none
6) The remedy for weakness is not brooding over weakness, but thinking of strength.
7) Whatever you think, that you will be. If you think yourselves weak, weak you will be, if you think yourselves strong, strong you will be.
8) We reap what we sow. We are the makers of our own fate. None else has the blame, none has the praise.
9) Arise, Awake and stop not until the goal is reached.
10) In a conflict between the heart and the brain, follow your heart.
Swamiji’s quotes and philosophies have inspired everyone all throughout the world. There are stories about his life that are so fascinating that everyone will admit how exceptional he was. Well, may be I’ll share them sometime.
It was a pleasure to write about his famous sayings, I hope you enjoyed them!