Time changes. And so do we. And with that, things we do change too. With the advancement of technology, everything is different today! Let’s check out some of them.
1) Then: Diary vs Now: phone writer.
Do you remember the last time you wrote on a diary? Well, some of you may be still do, but I don’t remember my last time. Even journals are made online these days.
2) Then: Surprising people by visiting their homes vs Now: Calling beforehand.
It’s like taking permission before visiting so that you can avoid the stern and confused looks on their faces while invading their privacy.
3) Then: Going Out with friends to have fun vs Now: Going out with friends to upload pictures on social media.
Now c’mon, don’t tell me you never felt that way. It’s all about showing off these days. Of course there are exceptions.
4) Then: Writing letters vs Now: Sending a text
This change is too obvious. I mean, letters? Really?
5) Then: Playground vs Now: Playstation
Kids these days don’t really know what it feels like to play with a bunch of other kids in the open fields, under the sun.
6) Then: Sneaking out to go to the theatre vs Now: Waiting for 720p torrent.
7) Then: Television addict vs Now: Mobile addict.
How many of you still watch television the way you used to when you were a kid?
8) Then: Asking people to take our photos vs Now: Taking innumerable selfies.
It’s all about selfies these days. Do you still say, “Say cheese!” ?
9) Then: Excited for going shopping with friends and family vs Now: Stay home, shop online.
Why not save all that trouble with just a few clicks, huh?
10) Then: Sharing food with friends vs Now: Sharing hotspots.
We used to snatch each other’s food during recess. Now, we just ask for wifi, don’t we?
Everything has changed. Everything! There’s another point, but I didn’t add as it still has not completely changed. We loved (still love) the smell of books, but now, slowly but steadily, pdfs and ebooks are taking over.
I know these changes are just a few of the many.